American troops were killed in an explosion in northern Syria, the spokesperson for the U.S.-led coalition against the Islamic State says. The ISIS extremist group has claimed responsibility. "U.S. service members were killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria today. We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time," Col. Sean Ryan, a spokesman for Operation Inherent Resolve, said in a statement. Reuters , citing an unnamed U.S....
Support 91.5 KRCC
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- 'Re-Imagine Waldo Canyon'—Meetings Begin for Future Of Burn Scar
- Government Shutdown Causes Uptick In GoFundMe Pages While Restaurants And Foodbanks Also Chip In
- Feds Could Step In If Western States Don't Agree To Drought Contingency Plan
- New Comprehensive Plan Charts A Course For 'Smart' Growth In Colorado Springs
- Gov. Polis Sets Health Care, Early Childhood Education As Priorities In State Of The State