91.5 KRCC Music

91.5 KRCC Music - every night from 7pm to midnight.

MUSIC MAKES LIFE BETTER...

Tune in every night from 7pm to midnight!

Host Schedule:
Vicky:  7pm-10pm M-F
Volunteer DJs:  10pm -midnight M-Sat
Blue Plate Special:  7pm-8pm Sat
Vintage Voltage:  8pm-10pm Sat
Jazz Excursion:  7pm-10pm Sun
Reggae w/Ron:  10pm-midnight Sun

Check here for event and concert listings, updates, music reviews, top albums in our playlist and more from Vicky, Jeff and our volunteer DJs.

Listen to 91.5 KRCC Music anytime! Just go to our Music on Demand website for Vicky's show, our great volunteer DJs, Blue Plate Special, Vintage Voltage, Jazz Excursion and Reggae with Ron.

Sign up for the weekly 91.5 KRCC Music Newsletter for concert and album reviews, free music downloads, concert calendar and more.

Want to SEE the best new music performances in public radio? Visit VuHaus - 91.5 KRCC Music is a partner featuring Colorado music.

buddyguy.net

Chicago bluesmen Buddy Guy will be playing the Pikes Peak Center on June 19th. Buddy Guy is one of the last living old-school bluesmen who played alongside Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Koko Taylor and others.

Graduation season is upon us, which means a lot of young people are about to make one of the biggest transitions of their lives. We'd like to mark this transformative season by playing and talking about the songs that got you through high school or college.

Briffaut

On this  episode of Air Check, Dr. Steve Hayward -- co-host of A Day In the Life on 91.5 KRCC -- joins us for the musical roundtable discussion, Paulina Ukrainets talks with Colorado Springs based musician Gwen Wolfenbarger, AKA Seal Eggs, about her music and inspiration, and we have an in-studio performance from Briffaut playing a song from their newest release Helsinki.

Note: NPR's First Listen audio comes down after the album is released. However, you can still listen with the Spotify or Apple Music playlist at the bottom of the page.

From the beginning of his career as a recording artist, Ry Cooder has treated the music of the past as a resource, turning to old (and very, very old) songs for guidance, mentorship, life lessons, spiritual advice.

via YouTube

Plugged In is a limited-run web series for 91.5 KRCC Music in which contributors from Colorado College's student radio station, The SOCC, tip us off to great new releases, under-the-radar favorites, and other music they can't live without.

More than three decades after ABBA broke up, the Swedish band's four members — Agnetha, Benny, Björn and Anni-Frid — have announced that they've been back in the studio together and have recorded two new songs.

When someone once asked Nando Chang if he was into Tupac, the Peruvian American hip-hop fan thought the reference was to Tupac Amaru, a legendary Incan warrior.

Larry Harvey, co-founder of the Burning Man festival, died Saturday at the age of 70, according to the organization's Facebook page and website.

The first Burning Man event took place on a San Francisco beach in 1986 after Harvey had the idea to burn a giant effigy in celebration. The event eventually grew into the seminal arts and culture festival in Nevada's Black Rock Desert marked by the burning of a giant wooden sculpture of a man.

After months of searching, the fourth annual Tiny Desk Contest winner has been announced!

I went from really loving the music of Superorganism to being a transformed super-fan the moment they sent me an email ahead of their Tiny Desk performance asking, "is it okay if we [bring] inflatable whales when we play?" Now I feel like the kind of fan I was when I wore a yellow radiation suit to a Devo concert in 1978.

Ten years ago today — on April 22, 2008 — NPR Music published our first Tiny Desk concert. Laura Gibson was the inspiration, and the event that sparked the idea of concerts at my desk came from NPR Music's Stephen Thompson. He and I were at the SXSW Music Festival, at one of those lousy shows where the audience chatter was louder than the performer.

Note: NPR's First Listen audio comes down after the album is released. However, you can still listen with the Spotify or Apple Music playlist at the bottom of the page.

Matthew Yokobosky finds food inspirational — which is perhaps not entirely surprising, considering that as an art curator, it's his job to make connections between seemingly disparate objects, just as a chef creates a cohesive dish out of contrasting ingredients.

So when New York City restaurateur and chef Saul Bolton suggested developing a themed menu and a series of dinners around the "David Bowie Is" exhibition now on view at the Brooklyn Museum, Yokobosky was intrigued.

www.recordstoreday.com

April 21, 2018 marks the tenth year that artists and independently owned music stores have come together to offer various promotions, performances, and parties all centered around music, and the people who make, sell, consume and keep it in the forefront of our cultural psyche.

Fifty years ago, Johnny Cash performed at Folsom State Prison in Folsom, Calif. The January 1968 concert and live album it produced, At Folsom Prison, helped revitalize Cash's career, inspiring him to testify for prison reform and cementing his reputation as a voice for the downtrodden.

John Prine never really liked his singing voice. "The only reason I figured out I didn't like my old records to listen was I could hear how nervous I was, and how uncomfortable I was," the venerated musician says. "And who would want to sit around and listen to yourself being uncomfortable?"

Today, Prine is releasing The Tree of Forgiveness, his first album of new material in 13 years, to an audience that spans generations.

Plugged In: Music Picks From The Sounds Of Colorado College

Apr 11, 2018

Plugged In is a limited-run web series for 91.5 KRCC Music in which contributors from Colorado College's student radio station, The SOCC, tip us off to great new releases, under-the-radar favorites, and other music they can't live without. 

Jake Brownell / 91.5 KRCC

On this week's episode of Air Check, local audiophile and music enthusiast Chris O'Shea sits in on the musical roundtable discussion, Low Cut Connie talks with Vicky and plays a couple songs in studio, and we suggest a few concerts that we think you might enjoy attending in the near future.   

Many songwriters have absorbed and reflected on the angst of 2018, and Laura Veirs is no exception. But what a welcome feat of alchemy she performs. The title track from her new album, The Lookout, picks up threads of unease and alienation, then weaves them into a tight, sunny tribute to Veirs' husband, the producer Tucker Martine.

Photo by Jessica Williams

Frankie Cosmos will be under the spotlights this Friday evening at the Black Sheep in Colorado Springs. The band is gaining in notoriety, and was recently featured on NPR's Weekend Edition with Scott Simon.

via Facebook

Gwen Wolfenbarger is a Colorado Springs-based musician who studies music at Colorado College and releases ethereal ambient soundscapes under the alias, Seal Eggs. Wolfenbarger's music explores the themes of physicality, emotional attachment, and isolation through sonic layering of harmonies, synth sounds, with the occasional harp glissando -- an homage to her primary instrument.

Pages