The tusks were hidden among marble in an abandoned shipping container in Cambodia's Phnom Penh port. Sent from Mozambique, these yellowing prizes arrived last year, AFP reports. The owner of the shipment never arrived to pick up the cargo, and a tip from the U.S. embassy alerted Cambodian authorities to the haul. The lode included 1,026 pieces of tusk that weighed 3.2 metric tons, according to Sun Chhay, director of the Customs and Excise Office at the port. Chhay did not say where the tusks...
Support 91.5 KRCC
The Latest from the 91.5 KRCC Newsroom
- High Levels Of Toxic Chemicals Found In Blood Of El Paso County Residents
- Top Federal Water Official Gives States Deadline To Pass Colorado River Drought Deal
- Colorado Judge Rules Local Sheriffs Can't Detain People For ICE
- Colorado Creates New Fund To Support Clean Energy Projects
- Colorado Invests $10.33 Million To Install Electric Vehicle Charging Stations